Session ideas for ProductCamp Boston - June, 2012

This forum will allow everyone to post, comment, and vote on session topics and ideas.

If you wish to lead a session on June 9, 2012 please post the title of your session, its description, and your name.

Note that only the first 4 lines of your description will be used when creating the session posters, so be sure to include your elevator pitch as early as possible!

Lead/suggest a session

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The Product Manager Pathfinder: How to Prosper as a Product Manager or Marketing Manager

Objectives:
     Why should I hire or promote you over others?
     What are your key differentiators as a product manager or marketing manager?
     What can you do to accelerate your career in product management or product marketing?

This discussion will help you understand how to answer these questions. We will identify key tips to differentiate yourself and accelerate you career as a product team leader. Learn how to convince a prospective employer why they should hire you or why they should promote you over others. We will identify how you can enhance your worth by increasing your transferable…

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Career Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • How to Take Back That Strategic Product Management Job You Thought You Had

The terms strategy and strategic are all over your job description like a cheap suit. Why didn’t it turn out that way? Learn why this happens and how product management teams can put the strategy factor back in their routine.

28 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Career Planning: Develop and Manage a Career Roadmap

Career Planning: Who are you? Where are you going?
        Format: Town Hall

Abstract: Product Management and marketing continues to evolve and represent a growing population of professionals who want to better understand their roles and career paths. This session will look at responsibilities, roles, trends and career opportunities for Product Managers.

38 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base