Running successful product betas
Successful product development usually requires running a beta. This means answering such questions as:
- Who should be included? Who makes best beta candidates for enterprise product?
- What should be "beta'd" - UI/UX (Can people use it - do they love it)? Technical functional (does it work)? Business value (does it achieve what it is supposed to? Is it worth it)?
- How much development should you do in advance vs during beta?
- Who should manage it - marketing, pm or engineering?
- Should you limit to those who will place order if successful?