Building a Winning Strategy Using The Kano Model
The ultimate goal for user experience is that users enjoy using your product or service. Many companies use satisfaction as a metric for measuring their success. But satisfaction is really just the lack of frustration. You should be focused on what you can do to delight your users.
In this session, Jared presents the Kano Model. The Kano Model helps you gauge your users’ expectations. When you approach delight from a perspective of pleasure, flow, and meaning, you can then determine which features meet these objectives.
The audience asked a bunch of great questions during the live seminar. In this podcast, Jared joins Adam Churchill to revisit some of those questions, as well as tackle ones we weren’t able to get to.
* Is consistency in design a bad thing?
* What research methods are there to unearth customer expectations?
* How can you meet customer expectations on a new product?
* Do you plot different audience segments in the same model?
* What if the people selecting the product are not the users?